There can be Towns. A town can be as big as one regular sized biome. A city can be as big as 2-3 regular sized biomes or a big biome(like a big frozen biome or mesa or desert.
This is the final draft. These will be the rules for the new server. Basically its the same rules as for the current server with extra rules for towns/kingdoms/pirates.
This is final. Any extra things need to be filled in within the space of ruling as a king/mayor/pirate head. No special op powers for those people.
The tl;dr; variety
- Don’t steal
- Don’t grief
- Listen to your mayor and king or pirate head if you have one
- wars must be registered at temple
- beating the towns/cities arena will earn you the mayors/kings head as a badge of honour
- Rules of kingdom are deposited at temple or at entry ways of the kingdom. read them when not wearing white.
- DON’T GRIEF
- DON’T STEAL
- talk normal English, evil wizard English, LotR English or pirate English. It must be legible and you must switch to regular English if someone cant decipher what you are saying.
Rules for players
You can choose to live in a kingdom or stay away from one and play your own game. You cannot be forced against your will to participate into a kingdom.
When living in a town without a kingdom listen to the mayor, but you can choose not to listen to him at the risk of the mayor booting you from his town with peck and feathers(hmmh, mod idea? )
Do not grief. Grieving is breaking someones base, burning someones base, modifying someones base without permission, etc…
Pranks are allowed. What are pranks? Covering someones base in pink wool, filling a base with chickens/sheep/villagers/cows/mooshrooms. Putting lilacs on every piece of grass, basically fun stuff. A prank must always come with a sign stating who did it. A prank must be easely reversible and the prankster must help the victim cleaning up when requested.
Do not steal! Don’t take from other peoples properties. When in doubt if a chest is owned ASK!
Don’t trespass peoples bases. Always ask permission to enter property.
If you don’t people are allowed to kill you.
Read the rules about player killing.
You do not get to keep the loot when killing another player unless you are at war with that player.
When killing a player in a duel in an arena you get the other players head.
When beating a towns arena you get the mayors kings head as a badge of honour.
REMEMBER You do not HAVE to join a city or town or kingdom. but if you do you choose for the roleplaying part of this world. Obey the governing rules.
Rules for kings/mayors.(tl;dr; no interest to non king/mayor players)
- A kingdom can be as large as 10 biomes max(a big biome like big frozen biome, desert or mesa counts as 3).
- A kingdom needs to have clear borders(a wall, fences, banners, guardposts, the works).
- A kingdom also needs a proper road system to bases, farms, resources for its players etc.. It is up to the king to orchestrate this.
- A kingdom must have an arena with clear rules how to beat it. With a caretaker who can hand out badges of honour when its beaten
- Within a kingdom the king decides the rules of behaviour within that kingdom. If the king all wants you to act as dumbass elves you have no choice then to behave like a dumbass elf. If the king wants you to be something from LotR you have to behave like that type of character.
- It is up to the king also to set rules of what is allowed within that kingdom. Player killing is not allowed. Only pirates can do that.
- Grieving will never be allowed though. Let that be clear.
- Rules MUST be fully disclosed in a book of law of which the original must be deposited in the temple of the server gods. This original then can be used to make copies for citizens of which each citizen must know and abide to, and copies must be made freely available at access roads to the kingdom, wether it be via nether, overworld or other means.
- Anyone entering into a kingdom must be able to discern the rules so they can abide by it.A town/city
- A town/city will be built along the design instructions of the towns mayor with a general directive from a king. A king can only decide a theme though, it is up the mayor to decide the implementation of that theme.
- A king can be mayor too. Only of one town/city though
- Strive to connect your town via roads/highways to other towns/cities. This can start as a simple coarse dirt pathway to be made elaborate later on.
- When building a town strive to make it as immersive as possible and give people places to see and/or to interact with it.
- If your town/city has an arena the mayors head will be the badge of victory for beating it.
- Nether roads are mandatory. They will be connected to the central nether hub with clear road signs and advertising for kingdom/town shops
Rules for war
- The rules for war will stay the same.
- Both sides need to agree for formal war.
- For war between people without towns/kingdoms it will be same rules as currently.
- It may not affect the play experience of not involved people
- it will only be in effect when both parties are online.
- Stealing is allowed
- Destructive grieving is not unless both parties have prepared griefable fortresses and tnt cannons(why hasnt anyone done this yet?), and this is registered in the conditions of the war at the temple.
- Non destructive grieving(like filling a base with chickens, sheep, or other non harm causing mobs(1000 villagers anyone? ) or covering a base in pink wool or removing crops from farmfields is allowed.)
- Killing farmmobs is too IF two are left behind so they can be bred back to a livestock.Always keep two!
- Simply do not destroy the base!
- Easily reversible things may be done.
- Dropped loot upon death is forfeit to the person who picks it up first
- Placed blocks may not be removed or broken unless its part of an obvious obstruction/fortification. Rules about these types of protection must be outlined in the rules of war.
Starting a war
- When you start a war register this and the conditions of the war at the temple of the gods. We will have to decide who of us will be the god of war, bloodshed and destruction(the vice president of kartocorp springs to mind) in a book. That way the gods can check the conditions on which this war was started and if it is done according to those conditions in the event of complaints.
Rules for wars between towns/cities or kingdoms
- Large scale wars will adhere to the above rules. no permanent grieving etc…
- The war will be in effect when at least an equal amount of players is online with a maximum of one player difference if the kingdoms/towns have more than 3 citizens each online.
- For example kingdom a has 5 citizens, kingdom b has 5. The war can be in effect when either all citizens are online or when:
- a 5 b 4
- a 4 b 3
- a 3 b 3
- a 2 b 2
- a 1 b 1
- If kingdoms have misaligned amounts of players the kingdom with least amount of players decides the battle odds. The kingdom with more players can send [amount of kingdom with least players] online + 1 to war. The rest can just enjoy the show.
Pirates are privateers and mercenaries. The sea is their domain and will build their bases/coves along the seashore and will build at least one ship
Pirates may be killed on sight by any player, hanged, burned at the stake, whatever. Their only strength is in numbers and intimidation and booze. Pirates have the privilege to kill anyone who trespasses on their shores and they feel a strong dislike against. Pirates do not have free reign against other players outside of their shores/boats.
How pirates organize themselves is their own business as long as it doesn’t interfere with other peoples playing or experience. Just know if you choose the pirate life you will be an outlaw in most countries unless you might be able to buy the favor or rulers who will grant you amnesty, but the base rule is that you are an outlaw to be hanged/shot/killed on sight.
Pirates can be hired as mercenaries in a war if they feel so inclined or as private assassins(if you trust a drunken pirate for the job that is). Please read the rules about player killing(PKing) for specifics. Only pirates can be hired as assassins or mercenaries.
The pirate leader
Pirates will have ONE pirate leader who will have the final say in everything concerning pirate matters and who will accept assassin for hire requests and give them to able bodies pirates to carry out. The pirate leader will also verify if it is a legit PK assassin request.
How the pirate leader decides leadership beneath him by captains on his fleet or anything else is up to him. But any pirate will listen to the pirate leaders instructions. Doing not so will cause you to be evicted from the pirate community and earn you free PKing by pirates whenever and wherever they see you(basically you get the black spot). Remember, this concerns pirate leader. not listening to your captain is up to yourself. See if you can pull off a successful mutiny will you?
Player killing(aka PKing)
- Players may freely kill each other if agreed upon a formal duel. A duel shall take place in an arena. Victor gets killers head.
- You may freely kill anyone who trespasses upon your private property. This property must be marked as yours and boundaries clear to discern(so not claiming 1000 blocks from your base is still your property if you haven’t claimed it discernibly yet)
- Killing someone outside above rules will earn the person killed a free PK point. This person can decide to kill the kill the killer himself or to hire an assassin to do it for him. No warning needs to be given
- Loot may not be kept. Peoples loot that’s dropped after death must be returned to it’s owner in full. The only exception to this rule is if you are at war with that person.